Thursday, June 25, 2009

When the world stops.

The death of Michael Jackson makes me think of all the times when a news story made the world stop. There have been several I have personally witnessed in my time.

Challenger Explosion (1986) This was the first time in my life a I remember when a major story happened and I remember where I was when I heard it. I was in 3rd grade it was after lunch when my teacher Mrs. Sommerville told us "something bad" happened to the shuttle.

Flight 255 Air Plane crash, the second worst air disaster in the US happened 15 minutes from my home at the Detroit Metro Airport. My family drove by I94 and we still saw debris laying off the highway.

September 11 2001 I woke up in my dorm at EMU when a roommate said that a plane crashed into the WTC and for the rest of the day my eyes were glued to the TV.

No comments: